Just like you, we love hanging out with friends. Often, we have heard that we are affected by the company we keep; and it is true. Good friends are good to your health, and vice versa. Friends do not only team up to talk and eat, they can actually help you and benefit your health in a lot of ways:
- Enhance the feeling of belonging and purpose in you.
- Lower your stress levels as well as increase your happiness.
- Add to your self-confidence and self-worth.
- Stay by your side to cope with traumas e.g. serious illness, loss of a loved one, divorce or losing a job.
- Motivate you to change any unhealthy habits and strive towards setting higher goals and living healthy e.g. quitting smoking and drinking.